Sunday, February 28, 2010

GO GREEN Challenge

Think it's garbage? Think again! The Lollipop Girls of C.S.D. are challenging you Sweethearts to use everyday items from around your house that you wouldn't normally use on your LO's and use them! Items such as cardboard, duct tape, dryer sheets, you name it!
St. Patrick's Day is coming up and we thought it would be fun to "GO GREEN" for the environment in honor of the holiday. So join us as we turn our trash into treasure. Here are what The Lollipop Girls used from around their house.....

Snap Crackle Pop recycled paper clips, coffee filters, newspaper and cardboard.

Pink Tootsie used tissue paper, a sponge and a medicine bottle to stamp her heart images.

Lemon Drop recycled masking tape and staples. Cupcake used some old j bottoms to make her flower. Peppermint Swirl recycled cardboard, paint, plastic netting from a fruit bag, a page from the telephone book, a starbuck's cup holder, tickets, postage and play money.
KitKat recycled washers, a file folder, plastic, trim from an old costume, a discount card and a piece of an old placemat. Lemon Zinger recycled a mesh bag, a torn bookmark and some bubble wrap. Chocolate Pretzel recycled an old plastic tupperware container, dryer sheets, a mesh bag and twist ties.

And I, Cherry Lolita, recycled a page torn out of the phone book, a leftover can of spray paint, dress patterns, a used USPS box, and a soda can tab. This month our sponsor is WILD OLIVE KIDS. At WILD OLIVE KIDS you will find colorful, funky aprons, childrens outfits, beautiful dresses, fun purses and twirly skirts! The winner this month will get this.... A Juicy Oranges Fruit Purse

***It will come filled with $20 worth of scrapbooking product.***

IF we have 15 challenge participants (for this particular challenge) I will add $5 more worth of scrapbooking products into the bag. If we reach 20+ I will add another $5 worth of scrapbooking products into the bag. So tell all your friends about this challenge because the more players we have, the bigger the prize!

You DO NOT have to participate in the challenge in order to win, even though participating might better your chances. To enter for your chance just visit WILD OLIVE KIDS and leave us a comment telling us what your favorite piece in their etsy store is.

Here is my 2 year old modeling one of the Matryoshka Doll skirts from WILD OLIVE KIDS. Here's "Orange Passion's" little girl modeling an apron from WILD OLIVE KIDS.
To participate in this GO GREEN challenge please be sure to leave the DIRECT LINK to your challenge submission via Mister Linky. All submissions must be new as of 3/1/10 and be linked up by the due date 3/14/10. Also be sure to mention C.S.D. & WILD OLIVE KIDS in your blog postings so we know we are looking at the correct submission.





13 comments:

Unknown said...

what can i say...LOVE Garbage....great work girls.
bye bye,Lean.

Jocelyn said...

Great challenge and the team did a Fabulous Job!!! Wow that purse is so stinking cute!!! I ADORE IT!!!!

I will have to get my butt in gear and start creating!!!

Sophia said...

Great job on these aldies, loving it all...

Cannot wait to see what your aldies create for this, that bag is so stinking cute!!!

kate blue said...

I personally wnat the bag to hold more scrapbook supplies!!!

KitKat

Brittney said...

Can't wait to play. And that skirt is adorable!

Keely Livings said...

Love all of these GREEN projects. That purse and aprons are TOO cute!

Kim said...

Love the LOS! That one with the paper clips for background paper is so cool! I added my LO--I made denim flowers from an old pair of DH's jeans.

Sherry said...

The purse is so fun and cheerful would lOVE to win that. MY favorite apron at Wild Olive kids etsy store is CHerry Hearts Dress would be so adorable on my DD added it to my favorites. I created a Go Green treat for my kids I misunderstood so gotta work on a LO will post soon

melissa said...

oops! disregard my submission, I was so excited about the contest I didn't notice the date guidelines!

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good.

Leah l'Orange said...

absolutely YUMMY samples, Lollipop girls! there are some great ideas i'd like to tuck away into the ol' noggin for a possible revisit in the future - thank you! loved playing along with this one (and HAD to play - the found items thing is right up my alley, as is that FANTASTIC orange bag!). love the submissions from the players, too! :)

Bekka said...

These layouts are great! Fun challenge -- I just linked up my page!

Tammy said...

These are some very cute pages...love all the green. I love that store the big eyed cat purse is tooooooo precious...I know who to give it to as I do not have a little girl. But if I did I would so buy from that store all the time.
smiles...Tammy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin