Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"From This Day Forward" Pre-Challenge

How's about a Pre-Challenge for all of you out there who wants to get the ball rolling already? I know I can't wait for the BIG Debut on September 1st and it just seems SO far away!!

So luckily, I had a challenge idea come in from the talented and clever,
Jennifer French. We're calling it...."From This Day Forward." Sounds fitting doesn't it? Well, we thought since June was the month known for Weddings, ya know!?

Although this Challenge is based off of a "Wedding Theme" you DO NOT have to create a Wedding creation per se. It can be any theme of your choosing.

There are just 3 simple rules for this Pre-Challenge. These rules were prepared with love and are as follows:

1. You are to take this sketch provided by Jennifer and base your creation from it. You may take away from it, add to it, flip it, the choice is yours. Just as long as it's obvious that you got your inspiration from it. You are allowed to make ANY paper creation of your choosing whether it be a scrapbook layout, card, altered item, etc. The choice is yours!

2. You must include an item that is "something old" (6 months or older), "something new", "something borrowed" (the sketch, which is provided), and "something blue."

3. You must share the ingredients of your sweet layout AND a short description. Here's JUST an example of how this can be done:
Special Ingredients:
Cardstock Paper: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Jenni Bowlin
Embellishments: Flowers-Prima Marketing, Chipboard-Tim Holtz, Brads-Making Memories
Pen: Signo Uni-ball
Other: Unknown
Short Description-My son, Isaiah, is always the center of attention. We can go to a playground and all the parents have their eyes on him. He keeps me on my toes with all the dangerous and daring stunts he does or "tricks" as he calls them.

*When posting your layout on your blog/gallery you should include a working link to
C.S.D.
Here's some Eye Candy for you....Jennifer created this scrapbook layout based on the rules for this Challenge and this is what she came up with. (Less the Ingredients and short Description).

What's in it for you if you play along? Well, of course we're not going to have you creating something for nothing. Silly you! Check out this prize pack Jennifer is willing to send to a random winner of this Pre-Challenge! It includes a 6x6 Basic Grey Sultry Paper Pad, Basic Grey Aura Stamps, Basic Grey Lotus Stamps, Creative Tags and American Crafts Ricky Mini Marks. PLUS a couple extra goodies too....2 handmade fan flowers especially made for you by Jennifer. *Your handmade items will be made with a different patterned paper than pictured.
**Check back on July 2nd when she gives a simple "how-to" demonstration on how to make these beautiful flowers.


Don't forget to enter a link to your layout below and to become a C.S.D. Sweetheart (Follower). You need to be one in order to win. Due date to enter for this Pre-Challenge (for the prize) will be June 30th. Winner will be announced on July 1st.






17 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this challenge and I will try to play along!!!!! Awesome Blog!!!

Erin Gudge said...

Alright, Jennifer! Great sketch and example. definitely a fun challenge!

Mel said...

I'm so glad to find this blog...I definitely will try to meet this challenge...it looks like fun!

Karen said...

What a fabulous sketch Jennifer! I love your example too! Love this fun challenge!! :)

Karen

Tidbits of my Life said...

That is cute layout Jennifer. What an awesome Challange, and will try to play along and get a submission in. Thank you Lynette for the link to this fabulous looking site.

Melissa said...

so cool I love the sketch and all the fun rules! off to play with them now

DawnInAz said...

You do realize what lollipop girls are right? You may want to rethink the DT name. It's not a good thing.
Good luck on your venture.

Lita said...

Nothing like a good challenge to finish off my night...it could be a long one indeed!!! Thanks for the amazing inspiration!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer! Great challenge, and I soooooo LOVE your page!! I just might try it! Great blog too!

Jona Panesa said...

loved this challenge. hi jennifer!

Myia Shantrice said...

Love the challenge! I will be participating in this one! Love the layout Jennifer!

Jenna Ruth said...

I posted my layout on my blog:
http://jennifermanis.blogspot.com/2009/06/csd.html

Anonymous said...

Great challenge! I just posted my layout, along with a post about the design team search. Now off to work on my design team entry.

Leanne said...

Love the blog. Thanks for the challenge ~ thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jocelyn said...

Loved this challenge and I posted mine on my Blog and I also linked it with Mr. Linky!!!! Have a great one!!!! :)

Lita said...

I'm done mine as well. I used the wedding theme and did my best to incorporate into 8.5 x 11. Thanks for the challenge!

Lisa said...

What a cool pre-challenge! I sooooo want to play along. Love the LO, Jennifer. And the winning stash is one to drool over!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin