Thursday, July 9, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow PRE-Challenge

I hope all you Sweethearts are ready for another Pre-Challenge because Jennifer French has another that she wants to share to inspire you all. I'm absolutely loving all this help I'm getting from her while I'm on vacation in Hawaii till next week. Thank you again Jennifer!


This Pre-Challenge is called "Somewhere Over The Rainbow." SO fitting being that I am in Hawaii right now and Bruddah Iz (Famous Singer in Hawaii) sang this popular song.

There are just 2 simple rules to this Pre-Challenge. These rules were prepared with love and are as follows:
1. You are to use every color of the Rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) in your creation
2. You must also share your Special Ingredients of your sweet creation AND a short description. Here's just an Example of how this can be done:
Special Ingredients-
Cardstock Paper: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket, Jenni Bowlin
Embellishments: Flowers-Prima Marketing, Chipboard-Tim Holtz, Brads-Making Memories
Pen: Signo Uni-ball
Other: Unknown
Short Description-Our day at Hanauma Bay was everything we expected and more. The sun was bright, the water was cool, the fish were swimming and at the end of the day a beautiful rainbow in the sky became a backdrop for all our pictures.
*You are allowed to make ANY paper creation of your choosing whether it be a scrapbook layout, card, altered item, etc. The choice is yours!
**When posting your layout on your blog/gallery you should include a working link to C.S.D.

Here's some Eye Candy for you...Jennifer created this scrapbook layout based on the rules for this Pre-Challenge and this is what she came up with (less the Special Ingredients and Short Description).
What's in it for you if you play along? Well, of course we're not going to have you creating something for nothing. Silly you! Check out this prize pack Jennifer will be sending to a Random WINNER of this Pre-Challenge! It includes a 6x6 American Crafts Mini Album and 19 sheets of coordinating 6x6 paper.
Don't forget to enter a link to your layout below and to become a C.S.D. Sweetheart (Follower). You need to be one in order to win. Due Date to enter for this Pre-Challenge (for the prize) will be July 18th. WINNER will be announced on July 19th.


Somewhere Over The Rainbow Pre-Challenge Participants
1. twistedsoda
2. Jen
3. Jen
4. Jen
5. Karyn (UK)
6. Myia Shantrice

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



13 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a great challenge and I have the perfect idea for a LO for this one but.......I will be leaving on vacation and not be back until July 19th so I will not be able to play....darn ole vacation messing with my creating time!!!! Have a great time in Hawaii!!! Wish I were with you!!! :)

Unknown said...

Oooh fab challenge. Will have to put my thinking cap on for this one.....

Lita said...

oh I got a spectacula idea!!! I cant wait to use ths!!! fan-freakin-tastic-ulicious!

Melissa said...

well this seems familiar :)
off to go look for a good picturefor the challenge

Jenna Ruth said...

Great challenge!!

Here's my layout:
http://jennifermanis.blogspot.com/2009/07/csd-challenge.html

Jenna Ruth said...

3rd times the charm... Only my third attempt on Mister Linky will work. Sorry!

icandy... said...

Just love your space!!

Happy day!
Christina :)

Myia Shantrice said...

I did my layout and it is on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge. Mister Linky seems to be on vacation right now so here is my project.

Sandy said...

Fun challenge! Wasn't able to meet it fully but was inspired to create a layout. :) Thanks!
Not sure how to link to my blog from here...eek! Leaving my URL..hopefully that works.
Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows

Lita said...

done, finished...feels good. I had a blast with this. I have never used so many colors on a LO before and it was so much fun. Thanks again for the inspiration.

http://twistedsoda13.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

well its still the 18th here lol My DH is making more room in my scrap cave so I have had a hard time getting things done this week but here is my lo
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/285209/view/2259921/-1/0/1.html

Calie said...

What awesome projects! I didn't get a chance to work on this challenge but I think i still might do it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin