Monday, February 15, 2010

The "RECIPE for LOVE" Challenge

WOW! You Sweethearts collected a lot of arrows in the"Cupid's Arrow" Challenge. Hopefully Cupid can start nipping all the good catch in the butt soon for you single ladies out there.

I hope all of you ladies (single and taken) had fun yesterday on Valentine's Day. Usually, Valentine's Day is just like every other day for my husband and I because we've got kids and no babysitter. LOL Since he's leaving next week to Iraq though he decided to make it special. He surprised me with breakfast in bed, a single red rose, a napkin folded into a heart shape that he wrote Lynnette + DJ = 4EVER on (later my 11 year old daughter added + Eva + Deja + the boys = family). LOL OH! He also got me this....

I have been wanting this perfume for awhile now and I don't have to WANT it anymore because I HAVE it. ;-)

After saying "Oh My God Babe!" over and over again it finally hit me that he's going to be leaving soon. There wasn't much I could do to stop the tears from falling down my face when I realized that I ended up tasting more of my tears than the food itself. Gosh! I'm going to miss his sweetness. We got the kids out of the house and went all over the place and had FUN and he was on his best behavior the whole entire day. I seriously never thought it was possible. LOL I ended up falling in love with him all over again.

Your challenge for the remaining month of February is a recipe that will have you not-so-single ladies falling in love all over again yourselves. It's a recipe challenge and it calls for:

-picture(s) of your loved one

-any type of doily - even the paper kind

-flowers *to taste

-hearts*to taste

-lace

-the colors pink & red *even a pinch will do!

Directions: Mix them altogether and show us what you came up with by leaving a comment and the ***DIRECT LINK*** to the blog post showcasing your creation via Mister Linky. If you need help doing this please Contact Us. The Contact Us button is in the Menu Bar above. Also, if you could be a Sweetheart and mention that you created it for Candy Shoppe Designs with a link back to us that would be appreciated!

To help inspire you, here are what the Lollipop Girls whipped up for you using this Recipe for Love. Remember, you can click on the DT names to see up-close shots and/or details about their creations. "MOM" by Cherry Lolita

"MINE" by Pink Tootsie

"Family, Style, Fun" by Lemon Drop

"My Funny Valentine" by Cupcake

"I love you" by Peppermint Swirl

"xoxo" by KitKat

"No matter how you spell it, I love you!" by Lemon Zinger

"Remember Why" by Chocolate Pretzel

"The key to my Heart" by Pink Coffee Bean

If you decide to use the recipe above and we hope you do please share with us what you did by Sunday, February 28 via Mister Linky.



Did you see this month's Blog Candy yet? Walah!!! Rad isn't it? If you want your chance at winning this all you have to do is leave a comment with your favorite recipe.


14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Fabulous LO's ladies....I love them all...I think I can whip up something...sounds like fun!!!

Keely Livings said...

Love all of these fab layouts! I can't wait to see what everyone creates.

Sophia said...

Great job Ladies, cannot wait to see what you whip up...

Mel said...

I love this recipie...
OREO DELIGHT

35 Oreo cookies (1 whole pkg.) - I prefer mint flavor
6 Tbsp. margarine, melted
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 (12 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
3 1/4 c. cold milk
2 pkg. instant Jell-O pudding
optional: more crushed Oreos or Andes Mint baking chips to sprinkle on top

Mix crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of 9" x 13" baking dish. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until blended. Stir in 1 1/4 c. Cook Whip. Spread over crust.

Pour 3 1/4 c. milk into bowl. Add both pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 minutes. Drop remaining Cool Whip over pudding and spread. Sprinkle more crushed Oreos or Andes Mint baking chips on top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. (from BeckyHiggins.com) It's awesome (and bad for your diet!)

Lynnette Davis said...

Mmm! I'd actually prefer the regular oreo's over mint but this sounds really yummy! TFS!

CRH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CRH said...

OOOps I almost forgot the recipe...This is one of those low carb recipes for all you gals trying to get back in bikini body shape
Chinese Chicken Wings
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Cold Water
1 1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
1 tbsp medium dry sherry
1 piece of fresh ginger, cut 1 inch thick and minced (dry works ok too)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp splenda or other sugar substitute
1/2 tsp coarse salt
2 lbs. chicken wings, wing tips removed

Marinate chicken in above ingredients over night (try to flip half way through)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees,lightly coat baking sheet with non-stick spray, place wings on a baking sheet. Bake wings for 1 hour, turning the wings every 15 minutes to ensure they brown evenly. Enjoy!

Krystle said...

Here's what I baked for my husband for Valentines Day!

1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cup rhubarb, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 tbsp. butter
Pastry for double crust pie

In large mixing bowl stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and ground nutmeg. Add rhubarb pieces and sliced strawberries, toss gently to coat fruit. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare and roll out pastry. Line a 9 inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Trim pastry to edge of pie plate. Pour fruit mixture into pie plate. Dot with butter, place pastry on top of filling. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape; seal and flute edge.

Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.

kate blue said...

yummy recipes! may have to try the Chinese Chicken wings since it has ingredients I love like ginger and garlic!

Audra said...

super fun challenge... i LOVE what everyone created!!

Diane Standish(crazeedi) said...

Chicken and cheese-put in 13x9 greased pan coo at 350 for 45 min or until chicken cooked.
boneless chicken breasts (4-6-pound till flatter)
creme of chicken or creme of mushroom soup with 1 can of water
swiss cheese
dices onions
croutons
layer chicken in bottom of casserole, cover with slices of swiss cheese, pour in soup/water mixture and onion; cover casserole and bake for 45 min; take out of oven and cover with croutons (I make my own) put back in at 400 till browned (not very long!!)
eat and enjoy-
my girls fave recipe
thanks

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

gorgeous layouts! Here's my recipe for PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE

1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
1 c. sugar
5 tbsp. plain flour
1 c. grated cheese
1 roll crushed Ritz crackers
1 stick melted butter

Mix first four ingredients together and put into an 8 x 11 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle top with crushed crackers and melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

val said...

I uploaded my layout and posted on my blog again about this blog challenge and heres my recipe:

made it sunday for my dad and dbf!!!

12 whole strawberries cut into chunks
1 banana peeled and sliced
1 pan of cooked and cooled brownies
1 tub of strawberry yogurt

place chunks of brownie into bottom of serving glasses. add some slices of banana. pour a couple table spoons of yogurt. add chunks of strawberry. then to garnish crumble a bit more brownie on top!!!

(this could be made to taste, I've also seen it done with strawberries and kiwi and differnet yogurts...)

enjoy ladies!!

kate blue said...

hey ladies-don't forget to become followers and then tell your friends-I personally am sending out 2 RAKS (ggody box) to 2 SWEET followers of CSD and you never know when I'm gonna pick somebody! My first RAK was awarded to Jacque4u2c who I believe was Follower # 308!!
KateB (KitKat)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin