Friday, October 1, 2010

Makeup 2 Breakup DUE DATE EXTENDED!!!

BROKEN by Dana Tatar a.k.a. Pop Rocks

Dana broke the mirror from a case of old eyeshadow. Her journaling is from the song "Broken" and reads: "I'm broken when I'm open and I don't feel like I'm strong enough cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome and I don't feel right when you're gone away."

BROKENby Amy Oxford a.k.a. Snap Crackle Pop
In Amy's words: This LO is based off of Lindsey Haun's song 'Broken'. The lyrics fit with what and how my daughter has been feeling lately. She is at that age and experiencing growing pains. She's emotional and confused. I used the lyric: "When you're broken in a million little pieces, and you're trying but you can't hold on. Every tear falls down for a reason. Don't stop believing in yourself when you're broken."
To represent the broken aspect of the challenge I broke glass and placed it over her picture. To do this I used clear contact paper and placed the pieces onto that as to secure them over the picture. I used broken cardboard, and ripped tissue paper. I also broke up the title.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? by Annika Prestwich a.k.a. Pink Coffee Bean

In Annika's words: I loves this challenge. I get to play with things and break them, all a part of the Grand Plan! *love it*
I was inspired by the colours in the picture, and the ribbon-y flower in the girl's hair. I took some embellishments from Pink Paislee and cut them up and made a new flower with them, as well as some green bits resembling leaves.

SOMEDAY I WILL LAUGH ABOUT THIS by Christina Aiton a.k.a. Lemon Zinger
In Chris' words: The photo is of our dining room after we were hit dead on by Hurricane Frances in Sept 2004 - we were hit again 3 weeks later dead on by Hurricane Jeanne and had even more damage. Our house was gutted and totally redone while we lived for 6 months in a small trailer parked by our house. We actually do laugh about it now!

MY LITTLE STAR by Myia Manghum a.k.a. Brown Sugar

Myia simply broke up her title.

LOOKING THROUGH MY LENS by Mindy Miller a.k.a. Lemon Drop

In Mindy's words: I've been saving this circular piece of wood veneer for just the right layout. I placed it under my title to emulate a lens and then used the piece I split off the right on the opposite side of the layout.

BRIDESMAIDS Ally Serrato a.k.a. Sour Patch Chick
In Ally's words: obviously, ive busted out some older photos,,, just for fun!!!

THE CASTLE OF GRADARA Guest Designer - Ilaria Gianquinto

Illy's broken elements are torn paper and a tag torn into 3 parts.

CHALLENGE DUE OCTOBER 17For this challenge all of you have to do is:

1. Use this photo above as inspiration and also a broken element or two in your creation. This broken element can be anything that is not fully intact.....a torn patterned paper, a broken embellishment.....whatever your clever mind can think up.

2. Become a Sweetheart of C.S.D. by pressing on the FOLLOW button.

3. Rock our LINK BADGE on your blog with a working link leading back to us.

4.
Don't forget to link Candy Shoppe Designs in a new posting on your blog to share this challenge with your readers.

5. And of course you'll want us to see it so make sure you leave a DIRECT LINK to your creation via Mister Linky by the due date.

*I LOST TOUCH WITH OUR LAST SPONSOR BUT WILL FURNISH A PRIZE FOR ALL OUR JULY CHALLENGERS + THIS ONE AFTER JUDGING. YOU ARE NO LONGER PLAYING FOR THE "CHRISTMAS IN JULY PRIZE PACK" BUT THE NEW GOODS WILL BE JUST AS AWESOME.



3 comments:

Miss Jaster said...

Great Challenge! Love that you're back! :) :)

Sabr said...

Snuck in my layout under the deadline! It's my very first challenge with you!!

Jana Schuessler said...

Thanks for thiis blog post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin